Welcome to year 1! Our teacher is Miss James and our teaching assistant is Mrs Smith.There are 29 enthusiastic children in our class and we are excited to be in Year 1 and learn new things.
All of our lessons are taught through a creative approach; meaning we can still access continuous provision throughout the year. This helps us to develop into more independent learners and gives us a real love for learning!
We will be having PE lessons on a Monday and a Thursday. Children will need their full PE kit as we will try to get outside as much as possible. Please make sure that your children's earrings are removed before the PE session.
• All children will be given times tables to remember, this year we are concentrating on our 2, 5 and 10 X tables.
• Please remind your child to take their reading book out of their bag and place it in the correct box, so we know what books need to be changed.
• Please ensure that you try to read with your child every night, we will try to change reading books every day, however at times this may not be possible. Please bear with us if your child’s book is not changed in school that day, it will be changed as soon as possible.
• PE is on a Monday and a Thursday. Children are asked to leave their PE kits in school every week and only take them home at the end of a half term.
• Children are given the option to have snack (toast, malt loaf, yoghurt or fruit) for a small fee of 20p per day. Alternatively they can bring a healthy snack such as fruit.
• We encourage children to also bring a water bottle to be kept in the classroom, they will be able to access this throughout the day.
Lost and Found
This week we have been looking at the story 'Lost and Found'. We have been acting out the story and looking at the character's feelings.
Our Learning Challenges
We are becoming super learners taking part in some new challenges independently.
Lost and Found
Today we have been asking one of the characters some questions. We have been using question words and question marks.
Arctic Small World
We have really enjoyed playing in our snow tray this week.
We have been learning the 7 different continents and finding them on a map.
Our first PE lesson
We have been superstars today and really enjoyed our first Mr Man dance lesson!
What a fantastic start to Year 1 we have had exploring different areas!