Welcome to Year 3! Your teacher this year is Mrs Littler and Miss Fitzgerald is the class teaching assistant. We have a busy year planned with lots of exciting and challenging learning along the way.
Our topic this half term is ‘There's No Place Like Home’. In English, we will be reading Lancashire Folk Tales, carrying out a number of activities around them with a build up to writing our own folk tale.
We will also be looking at a range of other subjects within this theme including History and Geography. We will take a step back in time to learn about the history of Skelmersdale and how it has developed over the years. We will also be looking at a range of maps and looking at how maps have improved and developed.
Plus lots more…… Please check back to see what we get up to along the way.
- PE takes place on Monday and Thursday, however, this can change and it is worth keeping your kit in school all week.
- It is extremely important that we read at home every night. When we have read at home 25 times, we receive a prize from the class prize box. An excellent KS2 reader will also be chosen each week to receive a book prize in gathering, this can be for various reasons linking to reading.
- We have a Values Award which is announced in gathering and the chosen person will receive a value badge.
Other awards include Spotted Award and Poppy Award which are also announced in gathering.
- At play time children can either bring in their own healthy snack or choose to pay 20p per day to choose a snack from our healthy snack trolley.
- Water bottles can also be brought into class in a plastic bottle that is clearly labelled with a name and will be freely accessible throughout the day.
- Each week Y3 will be expected to practice their times tables in preparation for times table tests. Our times table focus in Year 3 is 4 and 8 times tables. However we need to continue to practice 2, 5, 10 and 3 times tables.
- Spellings are given on a Friday and a spelling test will take place the following Friday.
- At Delph Side we work with an open door policy and we are always available to chat to at the start and the end of the school day should parents or carers have any questions, queries on concerns.
It's going to be a great year!
We love having poppy join in with our Jigsaw lessons, today we were thinking about our dream school.
Year 3 explored Google Earth and Digimaps and used their postcode to locate their houses.
In English we have been learning to identify and use prepositions.
In geography lessons we have been using atlases to identify countries, cities and towns on a map which helped us to label our own maps.
Year 3 busy working on place value!
Year 3 have enjoyed acting out the folktale 'The Lancashire Giant.'
Year 3 enjoyed having Poppy joining in with our first jigsaw lesson of the year.
Year 3 getting stuck in as a group and generating describing words for images.